Chances are, if you invited me to any sort of potluck in the past 10 years, my contribution was this dip. It started out as a simple Mexicorn dip that I doctored up with some crab and spices.
This is a crowd-pleaser. And it has crab in it, so it makes it look like you really went out of your way to make something.
A half stick of butter (real butter)
Mexicorn (the short can of it)
2 bars/12-16 ounces of cream cheese (not that low fat $hit either)
1 pint of claw meat (it’s cheaper and way tastier than jumbo lump and works better for this recipe)
Old Bay seasoning (You may NOT use another seafood seasoning!)
How to make it:
- Throw the butter and Mexicorn in a
sauce pan. Let the butter melt.
- Throw in your cream cheese. You really need to watch the
cream cheese. It can and will burn if you don’t stir it.
- Once you’ve got that melted, turn your attention to your crab. Put as much Old Bay as your heart desires into that can of crab. Mix it. Taste it.
- If you like what you did, dump it in the pan with everything else. Stir. heat your oven to 350. Throw this into an oven-safe loaf pan (I recommend using the foil ones that come with the plastic lid. Works great for taking this to parties. Face it – no one returns Tupperware anymore.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy hot or cold with tortilla chips or crackers.